1. This isn’t particularly a mass building exercise, but it is an effective one nonetheless.
2. It hits the entire body to some degree, but emphasizes the upper traps the most.
3. It is a dangerous exercise for beginners owing to the high injury risk.
4. The movement basically involves explosively moving a loaded barbell from your thighs to your shoulders and then to your overhead.
5. The hang clean activates the fast twitch muscle fibers and enables you increase your strength.
Note: If you’ve more mobility, your elbow would be higher during receiving transition. Mine ain’t, but I tried
Check out also my How to Build Massive Boulder Shoulders article.
Your fitness pal