Each person has their own personalised ways to setup the bench press. Well below is mine:
1. Feet flat on the floor.
2. Keep your butt on the bench, never raise it.
3. Unrack the barbell using a comfortable shoulder length distance grip.
4. Don’t flare your elbows, tuck it in closer to your body.
5. The bar path should be moving diagonally, not in a vertical line.
6. When pushing up the bar, use the heel to push-off too.
The above will ensure that you avoid shoulder pain and will be in the iron game for a long time.
Your fitness pal