If I had to start my bodybuilding journey all over again, I would do lean bulking rather than dirty bulking.
The latter from all food consumed made me into a real fat ass, my waistline was large and I’m always out of breath.
Try lean bulking for it has the following benefits:
- Insulin sensitivity (IS) increases
- IS goes up, easier to put on muscle, nutrition shuttle into your body more efficiently
- You recover faster compared to dirty bulk as their IS drops
- Keep your food intake at 110% of your TDEE
- I recommend around 200-400 calories surplus
- For clean bulk never go above 500 calories of your surplus
- Note, your TDEE changes over time, so keep track & make necessary changes to your macros calculation
- You save $ money as lesser food consumed
- There will still be some fat gained even with clean bulking, you’ve to accept it, as it’s part of growing
Your fitness pal