1. The 2016 CRN Consumer Survey on Dietary Supplements found that the most popular supplements are the multi-vitamin.
2. 75% of 170 million respondents in the survey by Ipsos Public Affairs on behalf of the Council for Responsible Nutrition (CRN) uses a multi-vitamin.
3. If you think you get enough micronutrients from your food, then you don’t need a multi-vitamin.
4. The supplement industry is pretty much unregulated.
5. According to the National Library of Medicine, take multivitamins on a stomach that is full.
6. Do take your multivitamin with balanced snacks or meals to reap the absorption benefits of protein and fat.
7. Multi-vitamin only provide the minimum recommended amount of minerals and vitamins with no fat, protein, or carbohydrates.
8. The vitamin in multivitamins derives from artificial or synthetic sources and natural sources, such as plants.
Your fitness pal